The pandemic has had a tremendous impact on many industries but tourism is undoubtedly one of the hardest hit. With flights grounded and provinces locked down, thousands of businesses, tourism workers and entire municipalities around the country have been struggling.
But as the Philippines is slowly reopening for local travel, tourism businesses are preparing to welcome visitors, finding new ways to address the health and safety concerns of cautious travelers. Whether it’s adhering to the Department of Tourism’s guidelines for the reopening of accommodation establishments or improving online booking systems for customers’ convenience and reduced contact, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) are stepping up their game.
To celebrate World Tourism Day and support the Department of Tourism’s call to travel locally, Globe myBusiness has launched Futourism, a platform for provinces, businesses and attractions to highlight how they are making it safer for travelers to visit. It also gives SMEs a venue to promote any special offers that they may have.
If you would like your tourism business to be showcased on Globe myBusiness’s Facebook page and reach their hundreds of thousands of followers, just follow these steps:
Visit supportlokal.ph and create an account to access the entry form under helpful links.
Submit a photo or video to highlight how you are making it safer for tourists to visit. It may be new safety protocols or additional safety features installed in your property.
Select a travel category that best fits your entry:
- Budget Bakasyonista. Destinations fit for the budget-conscious traveler. Who says safe travel and affordability don’t go hand in hand?
- Family Fun. Trips for all ages, safe for the whole family.
- Throwback Travels. Safely travel back in time to these historical places that celebrate the rich culture and heritage of our country.
- Vitamin Sea. Beach, please! Nothing like spending a worry-free day by the shore.
- Grand Getaways. For those who go all-out on vacations! Enjoy and stay safe while you escape.
- Foodie Finds. No hangry travelers allowed. Fill up with all the best food and delicacies worry-free in these destinations.
- Unique to You. One-of-a-kind destinations and attractions available nowhere else, now made safer!
- Adventure Awaits. For the active adrenaline-seekers, these places will quench your thirst for adventure while keeping you reassured of your safety.
Send us a link to your Facebook page or website so we can promote your business to travelers.
Answer the following questions:
- How are you making it safer for travelers when they visit?
- Why should tourists visit your area?
- Optional: Do you have special offers for travelers?
Like Globe myBusiness on Facebook and wait for your entry to show up under one of the Futourism Albums.
The campaign is open to hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, tour operators, tourism retail stores and other businesses in tourism areas nationwide. Aside from reaching a potentially much larger audience, participants may also win exciting raffle prizes!
Things are starting to look up and, with the support of Globe myBusiness, the tourism industry can get everyone excited to travel again.